QNTM launches Nordic partnership with Antler and Restarts the Future to help build 1000 start-ups
QNTM Group (QNTM) and Antler partner up to support and build new start-ups through Antler’s initiative Restart the Future aiming to create 1000 new companies in order to contribute to new jobs and a more robust economy.
– We are proud to become one of Antler’s partners. Antler’s idea of supporting new companies goes hand in hand with our vision of building an ecosystem of digital companies, says Eivind Roald, QNTM CEO.
Build 1000 new start-ups in Sweden
Restart the Future is a powerful one year initiative, founded by Antler, and backed by QNTM and 13 other Nordic companies. It consists of a start-up school for the next generation of entrepreneurs, an idea competition and coaching for startups. Submissions for idea pitching starts Monday January 25th and the finalists will win strategic one-on-one coaching with some of the Nordics’ most prominent founders and investors as well as fast-tracked applications to build their startup through Antler’s platform. The idea is that by the end of 2022, Restart the Future will have supported the creation of 1000 new start-ups, building new jobs, strengthening the economy and speed up digitalization.
A need of a framework for new companies
– I believe we do not have a particularly good framework for entrepreneurs in the Nordic countries. This makes it much more difficult for new companies to get up and running, says Eivind Roald.
– Together with Antler, we want to make a difference for new companies with their initiative, Restart the Future. We want to make sure that their framework is set in such a way that it makes it easier to start up and start a new business. It is the new companies that will help us grow and establish new services that will ensure growth and jobs.
– With Antler, these new companies get a greater chance to grow and establish themselves in the markets. They will receive a safe framework, help and support from Antler and also our network of digital companies.
Boost new start-ups during Covid-19
In late 2020, ARC company, Cupole, conducted an analysis of digital companies in the Nordic upon QNTM’s request. The study found that those companies that invested in digitalization despite being in the middle of covid-19 times, increased their top-line growth with 62 percent compared to those that did not invest.
– With our collaboration with Antler and Restart the Future, we want to help and support start-ups during also now that we have covid-19 surrounding us, says Eivind Roald.
– We’re thrilled to launch our Idea Competition today, as part of Restart the Future. Our ambition is to inspire anyone with an idea – whether early stage or more developed – to dream big and get involved in building the future they want to see. This initiative is fully aligned with Antler’s mission of enabling and investing in the world’s most exceptional people in building the defining businesses of tomorrow, says Livia Moore, Associate Partner, Marketing at Antler.
QNTM is particularly interested in working with companies that want to increase this top-line growth through digitization. The desire is to find companies that create great digital solutions that in turn can help companies in how they can differentiate their products and at the same time become global.
Eivind Roald, CEO, QNTM Group
Tel: +47 965 10 101
Livia Moore, Associate Partner, Marketing, Antler
Tel: +46 709 370 730
About QNTM Group
QNTM Group, a fully owned company by Altor Equity Partners, was founded in January 2021 with the objectives to develop a European group of companies working with digital strategy, marketing, software and technology. QNTM gives the companies in the ecosystem access to a network full of leading companies. QNTM currently consists of seven companies, including the Danish e-commerce company Hesehus, and ARC (Conversionista, Curamando, Kurppa Hosk, Animal, Keybroker and Cupole). QNTM has offices in Oslo and Stockholm.
Antler, founded by Magnus Grimeland in Singapore 2017, has offices in 14 cities worldwide, including in Oslo, Stockholm, New York, London, Sydney to name a few – and soon in Copenhagen. Antler is a global early-stage venture capital firm that builds and invests in the defining technology companies of tomorrow.
Antler is on a mission to fundamentally improve the world by enabling and investing in the world’s most exceptional people, by building complementary co-founder teams, supporting the teams with deep business model validation and providing a global platform for scaling.
Since 2017 Antler has helped build and invested in over 250 companies across the globe, with nearly 60 of them in the Nordics.Of these companies, 40% have at least one female co-founder, and the founders represent 70 nationalities.
Antler helps exceptional entrepreneurs to match with the right co-founder, validate their business idea and launch and scale through providing coaching early-stage funding to the most promising companies. The entrepreneurs that get selected to work with Antler have 10-12 years’ experience.